Interested in signing your child(ren) up for swimming lessons? Pete’s Retreat has got ya covered!
Pete’s Retreat partners with “Samuelson’s Swim Lessons” to offer swimming lessons each year! We offer classes from baby to adult!
All swimmers will learn how to be safe near the pool or water areas and learn basic safety skills during water activities.
When: Dates for 2024 classes are either the week of June 17th – June 21st OR June 24th – June 28th
Cost Per Child: $75.00 – This also includes a free day pass for the child in lessons and 1 parent to use the pools a day throughout the summer
Duration of Classes: Each class is 30 minutes long for a total of 5 days!
How to Pay: Between May 1st and May 12th, please stop in at Pete’s Retreat to pay in full for your child’s classes. CASH ONLY. If your lessons are not paid for in this time period, you will forfeit your spot(s) and we will try to fill those spots with the kiddo’s on our waiting list. Our lodge hours are posted on our website as well. Please note that our lodge hours are limited in May.
Parent and Me (Baby-2 year old):
- This class is for students not yet able to respond to verbal cues and jump on land.
- Swimmers will learn to be comfortable in the water with Parent and Instructor. This class will include a lot of water discovery and interaction of Parent and Instructor. Swimmers will progress individually according to his/her age and level of comfort in the water.
- Parent is REQUIRED to be in the water.
- This class is for swimmers who are uncomfortable to enter the water on their own and are not yet moving through the water independently.
- Swimmers will learn to be comfortable in the water with Instructor, blow bubbles in the water, begin to front/back kick using a kick board, learn to float with support of Instructor, supported underwater object retrieval (near water surface), supported alternating arm actions on front/back and jump in assisted from a sitting position.
- For the beginner who is comfortable in the water (able to put their face in the water WITHOUT assistance).
- Swimmers learn basics of swimming: bobbing, going under water, supported front and back floating, supported rolling over from front to back and back to front, supported gliding, supported flutter kick, supported front crawl arms, supported underwater object retrieval and supported jumping in.
- Swimmers should already be able to float on front and back and put their head under water.
- Swimmers will work on: independent front and back floating, independent rolling over from front to back and back to front, independent front and back glides, front crawl arms and kicks, back crawl arms and kicks, retrieving underwater objects, and jumping into water over their head.
- Swimmers will begin to learn treading water.
Level 3 /4:
- Swimmers should already be comfortable swimming front stroke and swimming on their back for 25 yards.
- Swimmers will work on: gliding, front crawl with side breathing, backstroke, breast stroke and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, treading water, jumping into deep water and continuing to a swimming stroke.
- Swimmers will work on: rotary breathing, freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, scissors kick and sidestroke, whip kick and breaststroke, intro to turning at wall and treading water with modified scissors.
- Swimmers will be taught everything from Levels 1-4 depending on individual skill level.
If you would like to sign your child(ren) up for swimming lessons, please complete the consent form below. After we receive this, we will contact you at the phone number/email provided to get you signed up!
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org